- reduce (something) in quality or value; degrade；lower the moral character of (someone)
verb: debase, 3rd person present: debases, gerund or present participle: debasing, past tense: debased, past participle: debased
- 1. reduce (something) in quality or value; degrade:
the love episodes debase the dignity of the drama
- 2. lower the moral character of (someone):
war debases people
- 3. lower the value of (coinage) by reducing the content of precious metal:
the King was forced to debase the coinage
- v.reduce (something) in quality or value; degrade:
- the love episodes debase the dignity of the drama
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
... Demise Declare Decide Decade Debase Destitute Deuce Device Devote ...
... her too are bad 3.降低 to lower to reduce to drop to debase to abate to diminish to decrease to cut down to mark down to level down to roll back to...