- behaviour that conforms to accepted standards of morality or respectability；behaviour or appearance that avoids impropriety or immodesty
noun: decency, plural noun: decencies
- 1. behaviour that conforms to accepted standards of morality or respectability:
she had the decency to come and confess
- 2. behaviour or appearance that avoids impropriety or immodesty:
a loose dress, rather too low-cut for decency
- 3. the requirements of accepted or respectable behaviour:
an appeal to common decencies
- 4. things required for a reasonable standard of life:
I can't afford any of the decencies of life
- n.behavior that conforms to accepted standards of morality or respectability:
- she had the decency to come and confess
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...ambiguity of good and evil, and its misleading concept of materialism over human decency, may have the answer. No wonder kids nowadays desire a PS2 more than...
... members to conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, decency, and respect.) 最後就是說你在Yahoo! Answers上的發言及行為都...
...個相應不理（be VAGUE），但是不能擺個臭臉，所以這個vague的前提是with DECENCY（通情達理、合宜、正派端莊）。建議譯為： 就算不能熱情以對，至少也要相敬...