- settling an issue; producing a definite result；(of a person) having or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
- 1. settling an issue; producing a definite result:
the Supreme Court voided the statute by a decisive 7–2 vote
- 2. (of a person) having or showing the ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
- adj.settling an issue; producing a definite result:
- the archers played a decisive part in the victory
a decisive battle
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
... said his White House took “decisive measureS” to safeguard the economy with the United States...
Easy trying to flaunt Courageous and decisive Mild Smart faithful Energetic Impetuous...
...bold, categorical, certain, clear, cocksure, confident, convinced, decided, decisive, definite, direct, dogmatic, emphatic, explicit, express, flat, incontestable, incontrovertible, indisputable...