- 失敗; 擊敗；否決
過去式：defeated 過去分詞：defeated 現在分詞：defeating
- 1. 失敗; 擊敗 to meet with or suffer a defeat 遭到失敗 to concede or admit defeat 認輸
- 2. 否決
- 3. 落空 to give up in defeat 無功而返
- 1. 擊敗 Labour defeated the Conservatives by nearly 2,000 votes 工黨以高出近2,000張選票的優勢擊敗了保守黨
- 2. 否決
- 3. 駁倒
- 4. 使…落空 to be defeated in one's attempts/efforts (to do sth.) （做某事的）企圖／努力受挫 don't be defeated! 別氣餒！
- 5. 難倒 the instruction manual completely defeated me 說明書完全把我搞暈了
1. win a victory over (someone) in a battle or other contest; overcome or beat
2. prevent (someone) from achieving an aim
3. reject or block (a motion or proposal)
4. be impossible for (someone) to understand
5. an instance of defeating or being defeated
「1. win a victory over (someone) in a battle or other contest; overcome or beat」的反義字
「2. prevent (someone) from achieving an aim」的反義字
「3. reject or block (a motion or proposal)」的反義字
「4. an instance of defeating or being defeated」的反義字
樓上諸位回答者與意見001都沒有觸及版主的疑惑重點. defeat當動詞用, 主動代表戰勝與擊敗, 被動代表戰敗或被擊敗...第2條是多餘且錯誤的, 應予以刪除, 只保留第1條註解. defeat的名詞用法只有戰敗或挫敗的負面意思, 其相反詞是victory...
vt. (及物動詞 transitive verb) 戰勝,擊敗 The French defeated the English troops. 法國人打敗了英國軍隊。 使失敗,挫敗 ...
... led manyarmies against king’s enemies and was never defeated in open combat. Inthe end, however, the sheer numbers of the ...