- the action of defending from or resisting attack；an instance of defending a title or seat in a contest or election
noun: defence, plural noun: defences
- 1. the action of defending from or resisting attack methods of defence against this kind of attack she came to the defence of the eccentric professor 同義詞
- ▪ an instance of defending a title or seat in a contest or election his first title defence against Jones
- ▪ military measures or resources for protecting a country the minister of defence defence policy 同義詞
- ▪ a means of protecting something from attack wire netting is the best defence against rabbits
- ▪ fortifications or barriers against attack coastal defences 同義詞
- 2. the case presented by or on behalf of the party accused of a crime or being sued in a civil lawsuit the farmer's defence was that he intended only to wound the thief 同義詞
- ▪ the counsel for the defendant in a lawsuit the defence requested more time to prepare their case
- 3. (in sport) the action or role of defending one's goal or wicket against the opposition Wolves were pressed back into defence
- ▪ the players in a team who defend the goal despite heavy pressure the defence was coping well Ford returns to United's defence
...quot; 不知道要怎麼用中文作更好解釋 XD 2013-10-28 07:59:20 補充： defense = 防衛 不過 通常 都是 用 no defense 意思是 我沒有冒犯的意思 所以 我就...
SOURCE DEFENSE 來源防禦 SOURCE 1.(河的)源頭;水源.... 該圖書館藏有大量可供參考的原始資料。 DEFENSE 1.【主美】防禦,保衛,防護[U] The...
He/She would go to my defense if I were "attacked" by others. 有人知道...