- resist an attack made on (someone or something); protect from harm or danger；speak or write in favour of (an action or person); attempt to justify
verb: defend, 3rd person present: defends, gerund or present participle: defending, past tense: defended, past participle: defended
- 1. resist an attack made on (someone or something); protect from harm or danger we shall defend our island, whatever the cost 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ speak or write in favour of (an action or person); attempt to justify he defended his policy of imposing high rates 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ compete to retain (a title or seat) in a contest or election he won the party's nomination to defend the Welsh seat
- 2. conduct the case for (the party being accused or sued) in a lawsuit he is a lawyer who specializes in defending political prisoners
- 3. (in sport) protect one's goal or wicket rather than attempt to score against one's opponents they were forced to defend for long periods
- resist an attack made on (someone or something); protect from harm or danger: we shall defend our country, whatever the cost
Oxford American Dictionary
1 defend = 衛免，防禦 Marlon expects to successfully____ ...次的奧運已經得過一次冠軍 U could hear from the news.. "defending champion player" = 正衛冕冠軍(的選手) 2011-12-30 15:51:48 補充...
He/She defends my work and actions to a superior even without complete...用 會 這字. (3)工作與行動 - 是我的工作與行動 (4)to - to defend X to B? 應用 defend X from B. 所以...
....com Scoring Onslaught Does In Defending Champions - New York Times = Scoring onslaught...