- openly resist or refuse to obey；(of a thing) make (an action or quality) almost impossible
verb: defy, 3rd person present: defies, gerund or present participle: defying, past tense: defied, past participle: defied
- 1. openly resist or refuse to obey a woman who defies convention 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a thing) make (an action or quality) almost impossible his actions defy belief 同義詞
- ▪ appear to be challenging (someone) to do or prove something he glowered at her, defying her to mock him 同義詞
- ▪ challenge to combat go now, defy him to the combat
- openly resist or refuse to obey: a woman who defies convention
defy (v) 拒絕服從之意 違抗; 公然反抗; 蔑視 ex: I wouldn't have dared to defy my teachers. (我可不敢不聽老師的話) He defied...
... becoming increasingly alarmed by a shortage of girls that defies assumptions that gender imbalance will fall as wealth rises. defy：挑戰...
... in now and sign up for free. (進入網頁然後申請免費的帳號) 37.to defy description (言語形容) The beauty of the vention defies description.(美的...