- treat or regard (someone) with contempt or disrespect；lower the quality of; cause to deteriorate
verb: degrade, 3rd person present: degrades, gerund or present participle: degrading, past tense: degraded, past participle: degraded
- 1. treat or regard (someone) with contempt or disrespect she thought that many supposedly erotic pictures degraded women 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ lower the quality of; cause to deteriorate vast areas of natural habitats have been degraded
- ▪ archaic reduce (someone) to a lower rank, especially as a punishment he was degraded from his high estate
- 2. break down or deteriorate chemically the bacteria will degrade hydrocarbons when exposed to light the materials will degrade 同義詞
- ▪ reduce (energy) to a less readily convertible form.
- ▪ wear down (rock) and cause it to disintegrate.
- treat or regard (someone) with contempt or disrespect: she thought that many supposedly erotic pictures degraded women
Oxford American Dictionary
...不會隨著年紀而降低 ~可以考慮用[衰退],[減損] 2.Our memories can degrade over time. 我們的記憶會隨時間而衰退~似乎比較順 over time 的over是什麼?~~歷經...
enzimatically是由 enzime(酵素) 變化來的 一般用來解釋用酵素去分解東西 "break it down enzimatically" 等等 photo-degraded 是指用光分解 photo 是字根, 光的意思 degrade 就是分解
英原文 We should keep in mind that no one can degrade us except ourselves ; that if we are worthy, no influence can defeat...