- be controlled or determined by；rely on
verb: depend, 3rd person present: depends, gerund or present participle: depending, past tense: depended, past participle: depended
- 1. be controlled or determined by differences in earnings depended on a wide variety of factors 同義詞
- 2. rely on the kind of person you could depend on
- ▪ need or require for financial or other support a town that had depended heavily upon the wool industry 同義詞
- ▪ be grammatically dependent on.
- 3. archaic, literary hang down his tongue depended from open jaws