- the action of deposing someone, especially a monarch；the process of giving sworn evidence
noun: deposition, plural noun: depositions
- 1. the action of deposing someone, especially a monarch Edward V's deposition 同義詞
- 2. the process of giving sworn evidence the deposition of four expert witnesses
- ▪ a formal, usually written, statement to be used as evidence a commissioner to take depositions from witnesses 同義詞
- 3. the action of depositing something pebbles formed by the deposition of calcium in solution 同義詞
- 4. the taking down of the body of Jesus Christ from the Cross.
- the action of deposing someone, especially a monarch: Edward V's deposition