- cause (a train or tram) to leave its tracks accidentally；(of a train or tram) accidentally leave the tracks
verb: derail, 3rd person present: derails, gerund or present participle: derailing, past tense: derailed, past participle: derailed
- 1. cause (a train or tram) to leave its tracks accidentally a train was derailed after it collided with a herd of cattle
- ▪ (of a train or tram) accidentally leave the tracks the trams had a tendency to derail on sharp corners
- ▪ obstruct (a process) by diverting it from its intended course the plot is seen by some as an attempt to derail the negotiations
- cause (a train or trolley car) to leave its tracks accidentally: a train was derailed after it collided with a herd of cattle
Oxford American Dictionary
derail 在這裡若是譯成「出錯」，那就太空泛。「出錯」有幾百種錯法，不能顯現 derail 的精義。derail 原意是「出軌」，引申的意義是「突然... up with a great idea. That great idea can derail the project and make delivery late. 距離一個重要專案的截止...
... unable to see you, I am like a derailed train, the thought of thinking of you... feel it might be better to use "derailing" instead of "derailed". The...
"Derail" the interactive nature between a slice of roles and reveal true sentiment, the...put into more in the scenario, experiencing personally in person an after field derail if wash the mood turn of the spa sort.The movie does not plan to explicit...