- move or fall downwards；(of a mammal's testes) pass from the abdominal cavity into the scrotum.
verb: descend, 3rd person present: descends, gerund or present participle: descending, past tense: descended, past participle: descended
- 1. move or fall downwards:
the aircraft began to descend
- 2. (of a mammal's testes) pass from the abdominal cavity into the scrotum.
- 3. (of a road, path, or flight of steps) slope or lead downwards:
a side road descended into the forest
a flight of stairs descended a steep slope
- 4. move down (a slope or stairs):
the vehicle descended a ramp
- 5. move down a scale of quality:
three hotels were granted the prestigious five-star status, whilst others descended in quality or maintained their ranking
- 6. (of sound) become lower in pitch:
the chords descended in spectacular style from the upper register to the lower
- 7. act in a shameful way that is far below one's usual standards:
he was scrupulous in refusing to descend to misrepresentation
- 8. (of a situation or group of people) reach (an undesirable state):
the army had descended into chaos
- 9. make a sudden attack on:
the militia descended on Rye
- 10. make an unexpected visit to:
groups of visiting supporters descended on a local pub
- 11. (of a feeling) develop suddenly and affect a place or person:
an air of gloom descended on Labour Party headquarters
- 12. (of night or darkness) begin to occur:
as the winter darkness descended, the fighting ceased
- 13. be a blood relative of (a specified ancestor):
John Dalrymple was descended from an ancient Ayrshire family
- 14. (of an asset) pass by inheritance, typically from parent to child:
his lands descended to his eldest son
- v.move or fall downward:
- the aircraft began to descend
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
there is feces in descending and sigmoid colon --- 排泄物沒有排乾淨並且推積在S型的結腸裡面 fece--- 排泄物 descend ---下降;下來 sigmoid--- S型的 colon--- 結腸 希望能幫到你!
...from their lofty heights for short periods of time, generally descending backwards to the ground. 無尾熊是樹居有袋類動物,牠們只從...
ascending a. 遞增的descending a. 遞減的ascending sort order 遞增排序 例如：筆劃由少開始排到最多...