- move or fall downwards；(of a mammal's testes) pass from the abdominal cavity into the scrotum.
verb: descend, 3rd person present: descends, gerund or present participle: descending, past tense: descended, past participle: descended
- 1. move or fall downwards the aircraft began to descend 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a mammal's testes) pass from the abdominal cavity into the scrotum.
- 2. (of a road, path, or flight of steps) slope or lead downwards a side road descended into the forest a flight of stairs descended a steep slope 同義詞
- ▪ move down (a slope or stairs) the vehicle descended a ramp 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ move down a scale of quality three hotels were granted the prestigious five-star status, whilst others descended in quality or maintained their ranking
- ▪ (of sound) become lower in pitch the chords descended in spectacular style from the upper register to the lower
- ▪ act in a shameful way that is far below one's usual standards he was scrupulous in refusing to descend to misrepresentation 同義詞
- ▪ (of a situation or group of people) reach (an undesirable state) the army had descended into chaos 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. make a sudden attack on the militia descended on Rye
- ▪ make an unexpected visit to groups of visiting supporters descended on a local pub 同義詞
- ▪ (of a feeling) develop suddenly and affect a place or person an air of gloom descended on Labour Party headquarters
- ▪ (of night or darkness) begin to occur as the winter darkness descended, the fighting ceased
- 4. be a blood relative of (a specified ancestor) John Dalrymple was descended from an ancient Ayrshire family 同義詞
- ▪ (of an asset) pass by inheritance, typically from parent to child his lands descended to his eldest son 同義詞 反義詞
- move or fall downward: the aircraft began to descend
Oxford American Dictionary
there is feces in descending and sigmoid colon --- 排泄物沒有排乾淨並且推積在S型的結腸裡面 fece--- 排泄物 descend ---下降;下來 sigmoid--- S型的 colon--- 結腸 希望能幫到你!
...from their lofty heights for short periods of time, generally descending backwards to the ground. 無尾熊是樹居有袋類動物,牠們只從...
ascending a. 遞增的descending a. 遞減的ascending sort order 遞增排序 例如：筆劃由少開始排到最多...