- a waterless, desolate area of land with little or no vegetation, typically one covered with sand；a situation or place considered dull and uninteresting
- like a desert；uninhabited and desolate
noun: desert, plural noun: deserts
- 1. a waterless, desolate area of land with little or no vegetation, typically one covered with sand the desert of the Sinai peninsula is a harsh place drought and deforestation are turning fragile grasslands into desert 同義詞
- ▪ a situation or place considered dull and uninteresting a cultural desert 同義詞
- 2. rare a flock of lapwings a desert of lapwings rises from a ploughed field
- 1. like a desert overgrazing has created desert conditions 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ uninhabited and desolate desert wastes 同義詞
...mistake? M: Let's see... And after dinner, we ate some desert. Some desert? Hoho, I get it. The author spelled...
...house (which was) built 5o years ago 主詞 seems deserted. 那間50年以前所蓋的房子，似乎被遺棄了 (B) building … deserting...
Desert rose Sting I dream of rain I dream of... Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire This desert rose Each of her veils, a secret promise This...