- firmness of purpose; resoluteness；the process of establishing something exactly by calculation or research
noun: determination, plural noun: determinations
- 1. firmness of purpose; resoluteness he advanced with an unflinching determination 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. the process of establishing something exactly by calculation or research determination of molecular structures 同義詞
- ▪ the settlement of a dispute by the authoritative decision of a judge or arbitrator expert determination
- ▪ a judicial decision or sentence.
- 3. the controlling or deciding of something's nature or outcome genetic sex determination 同義詞
- 4. the cessation of an estate or interest.
- 5. archaic a tendency to move in a fixed direction.
- the process by which a country determines its own statehood and forms its own government: the changes cannot be made until the country's right to self-determination is recognized
- the process by which a country determines its own statehood and forms its own allegiances and ... the changes cannot be made until the country's right to self-determination is recognized
Oxford American Dictionary
- cooperation between management and workers in decision-making, especially by the representation ...
- the quality of being determined; firmness of purpose: those who succeed because of sheer grit and determination