- cause (something) to occur in a particular way or to have a particular nature；ascertain or establish exactly by research or calculation
verb: determine, 3rd person present: determines, gerund or present participle: determining, past tense: determined, past participle: determined
- 1. cause (something) to occur in a particular way or to have a particular nature it will be her mental attitude that determines her future 同義詞 control, decide, regulate, direct, rule, ... 更多
- 2. ascertain or establish exactly by research or calculation the inquest is entrusted with the task of determining the cause of death the point of our study was to determine what is true, not what is practicable 同義詞 find out, discover, ascertain, learn, establish, ... 更多
- ▪ specify the value, position, or form of (a mathematical or geometrical object) uniquely.
- 3. firmly decide he determined on a withdrawal of his forces she determined to tackle Stephen the next day 同義詞 resolve, decide, come to a decision, make a decision, reach a decision, ... 更多
- 4. archaic bring or come to an end.