- reduce or underestimate the worth or importance of；reduce the official value of (a currency) in relation to other currencies
verb: devalue, 3rd person present: devalues, gerund or present participle: devaluing, past tense: devalued, past participle: devalued
- 1. reduce or underestimate the worth or importance of:
I resent the way people seem to devalue my achievement
- 2. reduce the official value of (a currency) in relation to other currencies:
the dinar was devalued by 20 percent
- v.reduce or underestimate the worth or importance of:
- I resent the way people seem to devalue my achievement
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...four years, triggered by policy changes in China that devalued the yuan. This trend, seen across Asia, has been...
...and fierce Government plans to cut national debt which should, in theory, devalue the British sterling, making overseas purchases correspondingly expensive...
... me two days to recover. Nevertheless, this can't devalue the USJ in my mind since there are so beautiful, except for the expensive...