- a thing made or adapted for a particular purpose, especially a piece of mechanical or electronic equipment；a bomb or other explosive weapon
noun: device, plural noun: devices
- 1. a thing made or adapted for a particular purpose, especially a piece of mechanical or electronic equipment a measuring device 同義詞
- ▪ a bomb or other explosive weapon an incendiary device
- ▪ a piece of portable electronic equipment that can connect to the internet, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer a service that attempts to make all of your files available on all your devices whenever you want them simply connect your device to a power outlet as well as Wi-Fi
- 2. a plan, method, or trick with a particular aim writing a letter to a newspaper is a traditional device for signalling dissent 同義詞
- ▪ a form of words intended to produce a particular effect in speech or a literary work a rhetorical device
- 3. a drawing or design the decorative device on the invitations
- ▪ an emblematic or heraldic design their shields bear the device of the Blazing Sun 同義詞
- ▪ archaic the design or look of something works of strange device
...equipment ”是作為一個集合名詞是包括一個或多個 "devices", 換句話說, 一組 devices (a group of device...without referring to other equipments of devices, how equipment and device is used to a vacuum...
equipment指的是配備、裝備 device指的是某種裝置 有時兩者可以混用， 但equipment通常可以指比較「大型」的(或...有一些「安全性的」裝備(equipments)，而這些裝備包含了一些電子設備(devices)在內 在此安全裝備safety equipments是所有安全裝備的通稱...
Leave the calibration device in place. 就是 把校正儀器留在原位不要移動 leave在這裡是留下的意思 in place 指的就是原來的位置