- recognize or ascertain what makes (someone or something) different；identify differences between (two or more things or people)
verb: differentiate, 3rd person present: differentiates, gerund or present participle: differentiating, past tense: differentiated, past participle: differentiated
- 1. recognize or ascertain what makes (someone or something) different children can differentiate the past from the present
- ▪ identify differences between (two or more things or people) he is unable to differentiate between fantasy and reality 同義詞
- ▪ make (someone or something) appear different or distinct little now differentiates the firm's products from its rivals 同義詞
- 2. technical make or become different in the process of growth or development the receptors are developed and differentiated into sense organs the cells differentiate into a wide variety of cell types 同義詞
- 3. transform (a function) into its derivative.