- the state or condition of being difficult；a thing that is hard to accomplish, deal with, or understand
noun: difficulty, plural noun: difficulties
- 1. the state or condition of being difficult:
Guy had no difficulty in making friends
I managed with difficulty to struggle upright
- 2. a thing that is hard to accomplish, deal with, or understand:
there is a practical difficulty
a club with financial difficulties
- 3. a situation that is difficult or dangerous:
they went for a swim but got into difficulties
plural difficulties in acquiring knowledge and skills to the normal level expected of those of the same age, especially because of mental disability or cognitive disorder.
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- n.the state or condition of being difficult:
- Guy had no difficulty in making friends
she walks with difficulty
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
.... He has a problem of talking to girls. difficulty 跟 trouble 在這裡的意思是差不多的，都指做某事有困難，但最大的差別是 difficulty...
就翻譯的觀點，這句當然也可用difficulty、problem 來取代trouble，只是若要進一步探討為何解答的答案... 的主因。當然版主原句也可照你自己的my difficulty is…，只是比起my trouble is，英美人士...
在這裡﹐用的是 have/has difficulty in doing something 其中IN 有時可以忽略不計。 所以﹐Does Tom have difficulty ( in )（speaking） French?