- a stupid or eccentric person.；delusions or feelings of unease, particularly those induced by delirium tremens.
noun: dingbat, plural noun: dingbats
- 1. North American, Australian, New Zealand a stupid or eccentric person.
- 2. Australian, New Zealand delusions or feelings of unease, particularly those induced by delirium tremens.
- 3. a typographical device other than a letter or numeral (such as an asterisk), used to signal divisions in text or to replace letters in a euphemistically presented vulgar word.
- a stupid or eccentric person.
Oxford American Dictionary