- sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations；a person, event, or thing that causes disappointment
noun: disappointment, plural noun: disappointments
- 1. sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations:
to her disappointment, there was no chance to talk privately with Luke
- 2. a person, event, or thing that causes disappointment:
the job proved a disappointment
I was a big disappointment to her
- n.sadness or displeasure caused by the non-fulfilment of one's hopes or expectations:
- to her disappointment, there was no chance to talk privately with Luke
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
Disappointment We all make plans, have dreams, and set goals. Will our... to engage in a series of celebrations interspersed with a series of disappointments. Because of this, it is important to learn how to deal with disappointment. The word disappointment...
大意是「花了這麼多的精力和金錢在旅行上，一般（傳統上）創建企業碰到的一些小問題，有時竟是難以承受的重。」disappointment 似乎應加 s 以複數表述。 2011-07-28 14:02:44 補充： 謝謝 Jim 大師美言。
... opinion是介系詞片語當作副詞片語使用) 你的問題To my disappointment, I heard that he did not come.就是一個分離的用法。 (...