- dissatisfaction with one's circumstances; lack of contentment；a person who is dissatisfied, typically with the prevailing social or political situation
noun: discontent, plural noun: discontents
- 1. dissatisfaction with one's circumstances; lack of contentment voters voiced discontent with both parties the discontents of the working class
- ▪ a person who is dissatisfied, typically with the prevailing social or political situation the cause attracted a motley crew of discontents and zealots
- 1. dissatisfied he was discontent with his wages
- lack of contentment; dissatisfaction with one's circumstances: the discontents and anxieties of the working class popular discontent with the system had been general for several years
Oxford American Dictionary
Industrial discontent (on wages), need parties union to merger to solve the problems.
...will bring fruitful results. （自己寫的） "Restlessness and discontent are the necessities of progress." - Thomas Alva...
相似詞: Pleased Gratified Content 相反詞: dissatified discontent