- disagreement between people；lack of agreement or harmony between things
- (of people) disagree；(of things) be different or in disharmony
noun: discord, plural noun: discords
- 1. disagreement between people a prosperous family who showed no signs of discord 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ lack of agreement or harmony between things the discord between indigenous and Western cultures
- 2. lack of harmony between notes sounding together the music faded in discord 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a chord which (in conventional harmonic terms) is regarded as unpleasing or requiring resolution by another.
- ▪ any interval except unison, an octave, a perfect fifth or fourth, a major or minor third and sixth, or their octaves.
- ▪ a single note dissonant with another.
- 1. archaic (of people) disagree we discorded commonly on two points
- ▪ archaic (of things) be different or in disharmony the party's views were apt to discord with those of the leading members of the administration
- disagreement between people: a prosperous family who showed no signs of discord
- (of people) disagree: we discorded commonly on two points