- separate or release (someone or something) from something to which they are attached or connected；become released
verb: disengage, 3rd person present: disengages, gerund or present participle: disengaging, past tense: disengaged, past participle: disengaged
- 1. separate or release (someone or something) from something to which they are attached or connected I disengaged his hand from mine they clung together for a moment, then she disengaged herself 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ become released the clutch will not disengage
- 2. remove (troops) from an area of conflict the ceasefire gave the commanders a chance to disengage their forces his true intent is to disengage from the messy conflict 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. pass the point of one's sword over or under the opponent's sword to change the line of attack.