- pour (something) out；(of a building or vehicle) discharge (the occupants)
verb: disgorge, 3rd person present: disgorges, gerund or present participle: disgorging, past tense: disgorged, past participle: disgorged
- 1. pour (something) out the combine disgorged a steady stream of grain 同義詞
- ▪ (of a building or vehicle) discharge (the occupants) an aircraft disgorging paratroopers
- ▪ bring up or vomit (food).
- ▪ yield or give up (funds, especially when dishonestly acquired) they were made to disgorge all the profits made from the record 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a river) empty into a sea the Nile disgorges into the sea at Rashid
- 2. remove the sediment from (a sparkling wine) after fermentation the wine is aged in the bottle before it is disgorged