- a state of shame or disgrace
- bring shame or disgrace on；violate the chastity of (a woman); rape
verb: dishonour, 3rd person present: dishonours, gerund or present participle: dishonouring, past tense: dishonoured, past participle: dishonoured
- 1. a state of shame or disgrace they have brought dishonor upon our family
- 1. bring shame or disgrace on the mayor dishonors his good battle by resorting to sniping
- ▪ archaic violate the chastity of (a woman); rape she was now unworthy of his notice, having been dishonored by Casim
- 2. fail to observe or respect (an agreement or principle) the community has its own principles it can itself honor or dishonor
- ▪ refuse to accept or pay (a check or a promissory note) payment was by a check which was later dishonored
sb was dishonored yet again. 句中的yet是用來加強語氣 ("yet" here is used...
... dishful dishier dishiest dishing dishlike dishonest dishonestly dishonesty dishonor dishonored dishonoring dishpan dishrag dishtowel dishware dishwasher dishwater...
...http://sstatic.naver.com/endic/2005/images/spacer.gif 부도(不渡) 『경제』 dishonor;nonpayment 부도부도 (不渡) [명사] 수표나 어음의 발행 액수보다 예금 액...