- a state of shame or disgrace
- bring shame or disgrace on；violate the chastity of (a woman); rape
verb: dishonour, 3rd person present: dishonours, gerund or present participle: dishonouring, past tense: dishonoured, past participle: dishonoured
- 1. a state of shame or disgrace:
they have brought dishonour upon our family
- 1. bring shame or disgrace on:
the ceremony was undertaken if a pupil had done something to dishonour the school
- 2. violate the chastity of (a woman); rape:
she was now unworthy of his notice, having been dishonoured by Casim
- 3. fail to observe or respect (an agreement or principle):
the community has its own principles it can itself honour or dishonour
- 4. refuse to accept or pay (a cheque or a bill of exchange):
payment was by a cheque which was later dishonoured
sb was dishonored yet again. 句中的yet是用來加強語氣 ("yet" here is used...
... dishful dishier dishiest dishing dishlike dishonest dishonestly dishonesty dishonor dishonored dishonoring dishpan dishrag dishtowel dishware dishwasher dishwater...
...http://sstatic.naver.com/endic/2005/images/spacer.gif 부도(不渡) 『경제』 dishonor;nonpayment 부도부도 (不渡) [명사] 수표나 어음의 발행 액수보다 예금 액...