- the action of formally ending or dismissing an assembly, partnership, or official body；the action or process of dissolving or being dissolved
noun: dissolution, plural noun: dissolutions
- 1. the action of formally ending or dismissing an assembly, partnership, or official body the dissolution of their marriage the Prime Minister asked the queen for a dissolution of Parliament 同義詞
- ▪ technical the action or process of dissolving or being dissolved minerals susceptible to dissolution 同義詞
- ▪ disintegration; decomposition the dissolution of the flesh 同義詞
- ▪ archaic death.
- 2. debauched living; dissipation an advanced state of dissolution 同義詞 反義詞
- the simultaneous dissolution of the upper and lower houses of parliament preparatory to an ... the chances of a double dissolution improving Labor's position in the Senate would be low
- the abolition of monasteries in England and Wales by Henry VIII under two Acts (1536, 1539), in ...
- the closing down or dismissal of an assembly, partnership, or official body: the dissolution of their marriage Henry VIII declared the abbey's dissolution in 1540
Oxford American Dictionary