- far away in space or time；(after a measurement) at a specified distance
- 1. far away in space or time distant parts of the world I remember that distant afternoon 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (after a measurement) at a specified distance the star is 30,000 light years distant from Earth the town lay half a mile distant
- ▪ (of a sound) faint or vague because far away the distant bark of some farm dog
- ▪ remote or far apart in resemblance or relationship a distant acquaintance 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person) not closely related a distant cousin
- 2. (of a person) not intimate; cool or reserved his children found him strangely distant she and my father were distant with each other 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ remote; abstracted a distant look in his eyes 同義詞 反義詞
- remote in time or space: this won't be possible until some time in the far-distant future travel to far-distant lands
- a railway signal giving a warning of the condition of the next home signal.
- a radar system in North America set up during the Cold War for the early detection of a missile ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- far away in space or time: distant parts of the world I remember that distant afternoon