- suffering from extreme anxiety, sorrow, or pain；impoverished
- 1. suffering from extreme anxiety, sorrow, or pain I was distressed at the news of his death the distressed relatives of his victims
- ▪ dated impoverished women in distressed circumstances
- ▪ US informal (of property) offered for sale cheaply due to mortgage foreclosure or because it is part of an insolvent estate.
- 2. (of furniture or clothing) having simulated marks of age and wear a distressed leather jacket
... with / by: A country is afflicted by famine. Distress (n.) : 1. Extreme worry -- a feeling of extreme worry and unhappiness...
(The) Taipei health chief (is/was) not distressed by talent exodus. ***新聞英文最常省略的是定冠詞和Be動詞
... and emotions to successfully facilitate recovery from psychological distress.藝術治療使用創意表達, 提供個人表達思想與情緒的安全出口, 成功地促進從心理...