- perform (an action, the precise nature of which is often unspecified)；perform (a particular task)
- used before a verb (except be, can, may, ought, shall, will) in questions and negative statements；used to make tag questions
- short for hairdo；a party or other social event
noun: 'do, plural noun: 'dos
verb: do, 3rd person present: does, gerund or present participle: doing, past tense: did, past participle: done
- 1. perform (an action, the precise nature of which is often unspecified) something must be done about the city's traffic she knew what she was doing 同義詞
- ▪ perform (a particular task) Dad always did the cooking on Sundays
- ▪ work on (something) to bring it to completion or to a required state it takes them longer to do their hair than me she's the secretary and does the publicity 同義詞
- ▪ make or have available and provide many hotels don't do single rooms at all he decided to do her a favor 同義詞
- ▪ solve; work out Joe was doing sums aloud 同義詞
- ▪ cook (food) to completion or to a specified degree if a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, then your pie is done
- ▪ (often in questions) work at for a living what does she do? 同義詞
- ▪ produce or give a performance of (a particular play, opera, etc.) the Royal Shakespeare Company is doing 同義詞
- ▪ informal perform (a particular role, song, etc.) or imitate (a particular person) in order to entertain people he not only does Schwarzenegger and Groucho, he becomes them
- ▪ informal take (a narcotic drug) he doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs
- ▪ attend to (someone) the barber said he'd do me next
- ▪ vulgar slang have sexual intercourse with.
- ▪ informal have sexual intercourse I only ever did it in the missionary position
- ▪ informal urinate or defecate.
- 2. achieve or complete.
- ▪ travel (a specified distance) one car I looked at had done 112,000 miles 同義詞
- ▪ travel at (a specified speed) I was speeding, doing seventy-five 同義詞
- ▪ make (a particular journey) last time I did New York–Philadelphia round trip by train it was over 80 bucks
- ▪ achieve (a specified sales figure) our bestselling album did about a million worldwide
- ▪ informal visit as a tourist, especially in a superficial or hurried way the tourists are allotted only a day to “do” Verona 同義詞
- ▪ spend (a specified period of time) in prison or in a particular occupation he did five years for manslaughter
- ▪ informal finish you must sit there and wait till I'm done we're done arguing
- ▪ be over the special formula continues to beautify your tan when the day is done
- ▪ British give up concern for; have finished with I would sell the place and have done with it Steve was not done with her
- 3. act or behave in a specified way they are free to do as they please you did well to bring her back 同義詞
- ▪ make progress or perform in a specified way; get on when a team is doing badly, it's not easy for a new player to settle in Mrs. Walters, how're you doing? 同義詞
- ▪ have a specified effect on the walk will do me good
- ▪ result in the years of stagnation did a lot of harm to the younger generation
- 4. be suitable or acceptable if he's anything like you, he'll do a couple of bucks'll do me 同義詞
- 5. informal beat up or kill he was the guy who did Maranzano
- ▪ informal ruin once you falter, you're done
- ▪ informal rob (a place) this would be an easy place to do and there was plenty of money lying around
- ▪ British informal swindle in business you had to do your competitors before they did you
- 6. British informal prosecute or convict we got done for conspiracy to commit murder
- 1. used before a verb (except be, can, may, ought, shall, will) in questions and negative statements do you have any pets? did he see me?
- ▪ used to make tag questions you write poetry, don't you? I never seem to say the right thing, do I?
- ▪ used in negative commands don't be silly do not forget
- 2. used to refer to a verb already mentioned he looks better than he did before you wanted to enjoy yourself, and you did
- 3. used to give emphasis to a positive verb I do want to act on this he did look tired
- ▪ used in positive commands to give polite encouragement do tell me! do sit down
- 4. used with inversion of a subject and verb when an adverbial phrase begins a clause for emphasis only rarely did they succumb not only did the play close, the theater closed
- 1. North American informal short for hairdo
- 2. British informal a party or other social event the soccer club Christmas do
- 3. informal excrement the air was rancid with the smell of donkey doo
- 4. British archaic, informal a swindle or hoax.
- be to do with
- do a —
- don't — me
- do or die
- dos and don'ts
- do well for oneself
- have — to do with
- it isn't done
- it won't do
- that does it!
- that's done it!
- do someone's head in
- have nothing to do with
- no you don't
- can't be doing with
- do away with
- do by
- do someone down
- do for
- do something for
- do nothing for
- do someone in
- do someone out of
- do something out
- do someone over
- do something over
- do someone up
- do something up
- do with
- do without
do 和 does有兩個詞性,一個作"一般動詞"解釋為"做", 另一個...否定句",和"否定疑問句"中幫助一般動詞的一個字, 而何時用 do 和 does 以下說明: 1. do 所使用的人稱為第一和第二人稱的單數...
Do的功能是用來形成問句的 What How ...時變成問句時要丟在最前面，再依主詞和動詞加個助動詞do，在一般句子中其實do是存在的，只是被省略，寫出來就...原本有無助動詞，有就拿到What後面，沒有就要加do 若這個例子把can拿掉就要多加個do，因為沒有助動詞可以...
(符號怪怪的 全都改成下面的逗號喔) do 和 does 及他們的過去式 did 稱為助動詞 我都這樣教學生記...就需要助動詞的幫助 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 現在式 有 do 和 does (就是你問的) do does的差別 在於 如果妳主詞是第三...