- a thing that bends sharply, in particular a sharp bend in a road or route；a hole where the fairway has a bend
noun: dog-leg, plural noun: dog-legs
- 1. a thing that bends sharply, in particular a sharp bend in a road or route they took us through a dog-leg cave
- ▪ a hole where the fairway has a bend this hole is a dog-leg par-4 with a water hazard on the right
- a staircase which has no well and a bend of 180° in it, usually at a landing halfway between floors.
- a fence consisting of logs laid horizontally on X-shaped wooden supports: the wild cattle had walked over the dog-leg fence, and eaten my crops