- a small round mark or spot；a dot written or printed as part of an i or j, as a diacritical mark, as one of a series of marks to signify omission, or as a period.
- mark with a small spot or spots；(of a number of items) be scattered over (an area)
verb: dot, 3rd person present: dots, gerund or present participle: dotting, past tense: dotted, past participle: dotted
noun: dot, plural noun: dots
- 1. a small round mark or spot a symbol depicted in colored dots
- ▪ a dot written or printed as part of an i or j, as a diacritical mark, as one of a series of marks to signify omission, or as a period.
- ▪ a dot used to denote the lengthening of a note or rest by half, or to indicate staccato.
- ▪ the shorter signal of the two used in Morse code.
- ▪ used to refer to an object that appears tiny because it is far away the desert shrank figures to mere dots
- ▪ used to indicate the punctuation separating parts of an email or website address OUP dot com
- 1. mark with a small spot or spots wet spots of rain began to dot his shirt 同義詞 spot, fleck, bespeckle, mark, dab, ... 更多
- ▪ (of a number of items) be scattered over (an area) churches dot the countryside 同義詞 scatter, pepper, sprinkle, strew, litter, ... 更多
- ▪ place a dot over (a letter) you need to dot the i
- ▪ mark (a note or rest) to show that the time value is increased by half dotting the quarter note for everyone is a common practice