- let fall or be so wet as to shed small drops of liquid；(of liquid) fall in small drops
- a small drop of a liquid；the action or sound of liquid falling steadily in small drops
noun: drip, plural noun: drips
- 1. let fall or be so wet as to shed small drops of liquid:
the faucet won't stop dripping
his hands were dripping with blood
- 2. (of liquid) fall in small drops:
water dripped from her clothing
- 3. cause or allow (a liquid) to shed small drops:
the candle was dripping wax down one side
- 4. display a copious amount or degree of a particular quality or thing:
the women were dripping with gold and diamonds
her voice dripped sarcasm
- 1. a small drop of a liquid:
she put the bucket on top of the dresser to catch the drips
- 2. the action or sound of liquid falling steadily in small drops:
the drip, drip, drip of the leak in the roof
- 3. short for drip feed
- 4. a method of brewing coffee by dripping boiling water through a filter filled with ground coffee beans:
a drip coffee maker
we both drink aged Sumatra drip coffee
- 5. a weak and ineffectual person:
I hope that drip isn't still pursuing you
- 6. a projection or groove on the underside of a cornice, windowsill, or molding that prevents rain from running down the wall below.
...推論出以下的意思： 漸漸的… Once they have a hold of you they can do this drip by drip torturing your way into hell itself. 某液體一滴一滴滴...
drip其實就是指"水"滴下 drop有很多意思: 有跟drip一樣的意思 有"掉落"的意思 - I drop my pencil 我的鉛筆...
不行 水龍頭的水要用 drip 才行 Water is dripping from that leaky faucet.