- let or make (something) fall vertically；deliver (supplies or troops) by parachute
- a small round or pear-shaped portion of liquid that hangs or falls or adheres to a surface；a very small amount of liquid
verb: drop, 3rd person present: drops, gerund or present participle: dropping, past tense: dropped, past participle: dropped
noun: drop, plural noun: drops
- 1. let or make (something) fall vertically the fire was caused by someone dropping a lighted cigarette they dropped bombs on London during the raid 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ deliver (supplies or troops) by parachute the airlift dropped food into the camp
- ▪ score (a goal) by a drop kick he dropped a goal to beat England in the final minute
- ▪ (of an animal, especially a mare, cow, or ewe) give birth to (young).
- ▪ informal take (a drug, especially LSD) orally he dropped a lot of acid in the Sixties
- 2. fall vertically the spoon dropped with a clatter from her hand 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a person) allow oneself to fall; let oneself down without jumping they escaped by climbing out of the window and dropping to the ground
- ▪ (of a person or animal) sink to or toward the ground he dropped to his knees in the mud 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ informal collapse or die from exhaustion he looked ready to drop 同義詞
- ▪ (of ground) slope steeply down the cliff drops ninety yards to the valley below 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. make or become lower, weaker, or less he dropped his voice as she came into the room pretax profits dropped by 37 per cent 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. abandon or discontinue (a course of action or study) the charges against him were dropped last year drop everything and get over here! 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ discard or exclude (someone or something) they were dropped from the team in the reshuffle 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ informal stop associating with I was under pressure from family and friends to drop Barbara 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ omit (a letter or syllable) in speech our English au pair drops her h's
- 5. set down or unload (a passenger or goods), especially on the way to somewhere else his mom dropped him outside and drove off to work he dropped the load off at a dealer's
- ▪ put or leave in a particular place without ceremony or formality just drop it in the mail when you've got time 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ mention in passing, typically in order to impress she dropped a remark about having been included in the selection 同義詞
- 6. (in sports) fail to win (a point, game, or match). 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ informal lose (money) through gambling they drifted into a roulette parlor and dropped about fifteen dollars
- 7. be forced to play (a relatively high card) as a loser under an opponent's higher card, because it is the only card in its suit held in the hand West dropped the nine
- 1. a small round or pear-shaped portion of liquid that hangs or falls or adheres to a surface the first drops of rain splashed on the ground 同義詞
- ▪ a very small amount of liquid there was not a drop of water in sight 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a drink of alcoholic liquor he doesn't touch a drop during the week
- ▪ liquid medicine to be measured or applied in very small amounts eye drops
- 2. an instance of falling or dropping they left within five minutes of the drop of the curtain
- ▪ an act of dropping supplies or troops by parachute the planes finally managed to make the drop
- ▪ a fall in amount, quality, or rate a significant drop in consumer spending 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an abrupt fall or slope standing on the lip of a sixty-foot drop 同義詞
- ▪ the playing of a high card underneath an opponent's higher card, because it is the only card in its suit held in the hand do you play for the drop now or finesse the 9?
- 3. informal a delivery I got to the depot and made the drop
- ▪ US a mailbox.
- ▪ a hiding place for stolen, illicit, or secret things the lavatory's toilet tank could be used as a letter drop
- 4. a piece of candy or a lozenge a lemon drop 同義詞
- 5. an earring that hangs down from the earlobe simple amethyst and diamond drops
- 6. a section of theatrical scenery lowered from the flies; a drop cloth or drop curtain.
- 7. a trapdoor on a gallows, the opening of which causes the prisoner to fall and thus be hanged.
- ▪ execution by hanging. 同義詞
drop orders 應該是指drop ship orders 有時客戶下訂單時 因爲不想負擔庫存 會請...一般都是出貨給零售商或個人 數量都很小 可能是這樣才叫做drop 一點一滴吧 很多網購郵購業者也是走這種方式 至於drop in ...
...a verb, it means "to increase" (增加) "drop-off" is a noun, it means "A... Buy has shown a considerable drop-off in sale this year. 2014-05-27 05:46:01 補充： Yes...
drip其實就是指"水"滴下 drop有很多意思: 有跟drip一樣的意思 有"掉落"的意思 - I drop ...math class 我把我的數學課放(棄)掉了 有"下跌"的意思 - My grade drops from A to B - 我的成績從A跌到B了 希望有幫助!