- temporarily unable or unwilling to speak；resulting in or expressed by speechlessness
- make dumb or unheard; silence
- 1. temporarily unable or unwilling to speak she stood dumb while he poured out a stream of abuse 同義詞
- ▪ resulting in or expressed by speechlessness they stared in dumb amazement 同義詞
- 2. dated, offensive (of a person) unable to speak, most typically because of congenital deafness he was born deaf, dumb, and blind 同義詞
- ▪ (of animals) unable to speak as a natural state and thus regarded as helpless or deserving pity.
- 3. North American informal stupid a dumb question 同義詞 反義詞
- 4. (of a computer terminal) able only to transmit data to or receive data from a computer; having no independent processing capability.
- 1. literary make dumb or unheard; silence a splendour that dazed the mind and dumbed the tongue