- put (food) into the mouth and chew and swallow it；have (a meal)
- food or snacks
verb: eat, 3rd person present: eats, gerund or present participle: eating, past tense: ate, past participle: eaten
- 1. put (food) into the mouth and chew and swallow it he was eating a hot dog she watched her son as he ate
- ▪ have (a meal) we ate dinner in a noisy cafe 同義詞
- ▪ informal bother; annoy she knew what was eating him OK, Linley, what's eating you?
- ▪ US informal absorb (financial loss or cost) if we had to, we could probably eat the cost
- 2. US vulgar slang perform fellatio or cunnilingus on (someone).
- 1. informal food or snacks people would stop for soft drinks or eats