- the quality of being eccentric；an eccentric act, habit, or thing
noun: eccentricity, plural noun: eccentricities
- 1. the quality of being eccentric the eccentricity of his views
- ▪ an eccentric act, habit, or thing her eccentricities were amusing rather than irritating
- 2. technical deviation of a curve or orbit from circularity.
- ▪ a measure of the extent of a deviation of a curve or orbit Halley's Comet has an eccentricity of about 0.9675
- the quality of being eccentric: the eccentricity of his views