- the outside limit of an object, area, or surface；an area next to a steep drop
- provide with a border or edge；move or cause to move gradually or furtively in a particular direction
verb: edge, 3rd person present: edges, gerund or present participle: edging, past tense: edged, past participle: edged
noun: edge, plural noun: edges
- 1. the outside limit of an object, area, or surface a willow tree at the water's edge she perched on the edge of a desk 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an area next to a steep drop the cliff edge
- ▪ the point immediately before something unpleasant or momentous occurs the economy was teetering on the edge of recession
- 2. the sharpened side of the blade of a cutting implement or weapon a knife with a razor-sharp edge
- ▪ the line along which two surfaces of a solid meet.
- ▪ an intense, sharp, or striking quality a flamenco singer brings a primitive edge to the music there was an edge of menace in his voice 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. a quality or factor which gives superiority over close rivals his cars have the edge over his rivals' 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. provide with a border or edge the pool is edged with paving 同義詞
- 2. move or cause to move gradually or furtively in a particular direction she tried to edge away from him Hazel quietly edged him away from the others 同義詞
- ▪ US informal defeat by a small margin Connecticut avoided an upset and edged Yale 49–48
- 3. give an intense or sharp quality to desperation edged her voice
- 4. strike (the ball) with the edge of the bat; strike a ball delivered by (the bowler) with the edge of the bat he edged a ball into his pad Haynes edged to slip
- 5. ski with one's weight on the edges of one's skis you will be edging early, controlling a parallel turn
...’s question, for beingspecific enough, deserves a specific translation.具有edge-to-edge簡潔針織緣飾的簡單針織層。 請問edge-to-edge是「一體成型」或「 無邊...
cutting edge 本來是最尖端、最新、流行最前線的意思,可是你用大寫,不是很清楚你要的是什麼,因為用Cutting Edge去搜尋,還跑出一大堆網站來,有電台、電影等,如果你有特別指某種東西,是不是可以說得更清楚一些.