- a vigorous or determined attempt；the result of an attempt
noun: effort, plural noun: efforts
- 1. a vigorous or determined attempt in an effort to save money, I have committed to only buying items that I truly need 同義詞
- ▪ the result of an attempt he was a keen gardener, winning many prizes for his efforts 同義詞
- ▪ strenuous physical or mental exertion achieving independence requires some effort and self-discipline 同義詞
- ▪ the activities of a group of people with a common purpose the war effort
- 2. technical a force exerted by a machine or in a process.