- go on board a ship or aircraft；put or take on board a ship or aircraft
verb: embark, 3rd person present: embarks, gerund or present participle: embarking, past tense: embarked, past participle: embarked
- 1. go on board a ship or aircraft:
he embarked for India in 1817
- 2. put or take on board a ship or aircraft:
the passengers were ready to be embarked
- 3. begin (a course of action):
she embarked on a new career
v. go on board ship again:
the attack occurred the day after the French re-embarked
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
- v.go on board a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle:
- he embarked for India in 1817
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...都可以用, 但是傳達的語意稍有差異: [devote]: 致力於... [embark]: 開始從事某項事業 題目的重點是考"及物/不及物...on his career/teaching. (不及物) He embarked himself on his career/teaching. (及物...
Embark on a new venture, start into new territory. For example, I've only ...
１選embark 乘船、搭載之意 你看到那邊的標語了嗎？我們從那邊上船吧！ ２選extend...