- surround and have or hold within；include comprehensively
verb: encompass, 3rd person present: encompasses, gerund or present participle: encompassing, past tense: encompassed, past participle: encompassed
- 1. surround and have or hold within:
a vast halo encompassing the Milky Way galaxy
- 2. include comprehensively:
no studies encompass all aspects of medical care
- 3. cause (something) to take place:
an act designed to encompass the death of the king
- v.surround and have or hold within:
- this area of London encompasses Piccadilly to the north and St James's Park to the south
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
Hi, 您好 以下是我的回答,請參考看看 原文: It is a world encompassing faith with more than one billion followers. ==>應該是指回教在全球有無數的信徒. world encompassing faith? ==>全球有回教信仰
...of almost 10,000 square kilometers, spanning three states and encompassing thick forests, misty mountain ranges, crystal clear lakes, and...
... humble lot in security is better than the dangers that encompass the high and haughty. 謙虛、降低自己的身份地位的處在安全的地位，總是比傲慢...