- unexpectedly experience or be faced with (something difficult or hostile)；meet (someone) unexpectedly.
- an unexpected or casual meeting with someone or something；a confrontation or unpleasant struggle
noun: encounter, plural noun: encounters
verb: encounter, 3rd person present: encounters, gerund or present participle: encountering, past tense: encountered, past participle: encountered
- 1. unexpectedly experience or be faced with (something difficult or hostile):
we have encountered one small problem
- 2. meet (someone) unexpectedly.
- 1. an unexpected or casual meeting with someone or something:
she felt totally unnerved by the encounter
- 2. a confrontation or unpleasant struggle:
his close encounter with death
- 3. a violent incident in which a suspected criminal is killed by a member of the police, especially under controversial circumstances:
he was shot dead in a police encounter
officers responsible for encounter killings
... that i will be dead soon is the most important tool i have ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. 我所用過最有用的一項...
Vlad was not the first Vampire to have been encountered in the Empire, but before his rise to power, these Undead ...
...絕無%$@##$意思啦！如果需要變成完整的句子，或許可以改寫成Can a fortunate encounter happen to us again?(幸運的邂逅是否可能再次降臨到我們身上？)如果要維持...