- try hard to do or achieve something
- an attempt to achieve a goal；earnest and industrious effort, especially when sustained over a period of time
noun: endeavour, plural noun: endeavours
verb: endeavour, 3rd person present: endeavours, gerund or present participle: endeavouring, past tense: endeavoured, past participle: endeavoured
- 1. try hard to do or achieve something:
he is endeavoring to help the Third World
- 1. an attempt to achieve a goal:
an endeavor to reduce serious injury
- 2. earnest and industrious effort, especially when sustained over a period of time:
enthusiasm is a vital ingredient in all human endeavor
- 3. an enterprise or undertaking:
a political endeavor
- v.try hard to do or achieve something:
- he is endeavouring to help the Third World
- n.an attempt to achieve a goal:
- an endeavour to reduce serious injury
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
...would be an asset(6) to(7) any employer and(8) I recommend him for any endeavour(9) he chooses to purpose(10). Yours truly(11), 另附原文註釋如下...
... so hard to file a law suit against his own son over his non-profit endeavors.令人聞之心酸的是，就在他晚年Cousteau就為了自己的非營利義舉而...
學習語言是永無止盡。 = Learning a language is a life-long endeavor. = Learning languages is a life-long endeavor. = ...