- try hard to do or achieve something
- an attempt to achieve a goal；earnest, prolonged, and industrious effort
noun: endeavour, plural noun: endeavours
verb: endeavour, 3rd person present: endeavours, gerund or present participle: endeavouring, past tense: endeavoured, past participle: endeavoured
- 1. try hard to do or achieve something he is endeavouring to help the Third World
- 1. an attempt to achieve a goal an endeavour to reduce serious injury 同義詞
- ▪ earnest, prolonged, and industrious effort enthusiasm is a vital ingredient in all human endeavour 同義詞
- ▪ an enterprise or undertaking a portfolio of business endeavours 同義詞
- try hard to do or achieve something: he is endeavoring to help the Third World
- an attempt to achieve a goal: an endeavor to reduce serious injury
Oxford American Dictionary
... so hard to file a law suit against his own son over his non-profit endeavors.令人聞之心酸的是，就在他晚年Cousteau就為了自己的非營利義舉而...
...would be an asset(6) to(7) any employer and(8) I recommend him for any endeavour(9) he chooses to purpose(10). Yours truly(11), 另附原文註釋如下...
學習語言是永無止盡。 = Learning a language is a life-long endeavor. = Learning languages is a life-long endeavor. = ...