- the action of endowing something or someone；an income or form of property given or bequeathed to someone.
noun: endowment, plural noun: endowments
- 1. the action of endowing something or someone he tried to promote the endowment of a Chair of Psychiatry 同義詞
- ▪ an income or form of property given or bequeathed to someone. 同義詞
- ▪ a quality or ability possessed or inherited by someone. 同義詞
- ▪ a form of life insurance involving payment of a fixed sum to the insured person on a specified date, or to their estate should they die before this date an endowment policy
- a mortgage linked to an endowment insurance policy which is intended to repay the capital sum ...
- an untaxed allowance paid by the government to the parent or guardian of a child: that era gave us full employment, a decent pension system, and child endowment
- the action of endowing something or someone: he tried to promote the endowment of a Chair of Psychiatry