- occupy or attract (someone's interest or attention)；involve someone in (a conversation or discussion)
verb: engage, 3rd person present: engages, gerund or present participle: engaging, past tense: engaged, past participle: engaged
- 1. occupy or attract (someone's interest or attention) he ploughed on, trying to outline his plans and engage Sutton's attention I told him I was otherwise engaged 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ involve someone in (a conversation or discussion) they attempted to engage Anthony in conversation
- 2. participate or become involved in organizations engage in a variety of activities some are actively engaged in crime 同義詞
- ▪ establish a meaningful contact or connection with the teams needed to engage with local communities
- 3. arrange to employ or hire (someone) he was engaged as a trainee copywriter 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ pledge or enter into a contract to do something he engaged to pay them £10,000 against a bond 同義詞
- ▪ dated reserve (accommodation, a place, etc.) in advance she had offered to engage a room in the house of the woman
- 4. (with reference to a part of a machine or engine) move into position so as to come into operation the clutch will not engage the driver engaged the gears and pulled out into the road 同義詞 反義詞
- 5. (of fencers or swordsmen) bring (weapons) together preparatory to fighting.
- ▪ enter into combat with (an enemy) tank and infantry units engaged the enemy 同義詞
版主您好～～～ 先看engage這個字。 奇摩字典翻「吸引、佔用」，但這邊若只翻「吸引」，似乎深度不夠...to occupy the attention or efforts of (a person or persons): He engaged her in conversation. 3.to attract and hold fast: The novel engaged...
... house we walked into had been engaged sight unseen, and this is always fun and full of ...27 13:06:43 補充： Toming88 的解釋是錯的。 engage 在這裡不是「吸引」，是 arrange to obtain the use of...
If you engage someone in conversations, you have a conversatoin with them. (see p.508...) to engage him in a conversation = 使他加入談話 He boldly engaged the girls in conversation. = 他大膽地使那些女孩加入談話。 p.457 遠東新世紀...