- busy; occupied；(of a telephone line) unavailable because already in use.
- 1. busy; occupied I told him I was otherwise engaged 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ British (of a telephone line) unavailable because already in use.
- ▪ (of a lavatory) already in use.
- 2. having formally agreed to marry she was engaged to a lecturer the newly engaged couple 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. (of a column) attached to or partly let into a wall.
版主您好～～～ 先看engage這個字。 奇摩字典翻「吸引、佔用」，但這邊若只翻「吸引」，似乎深度不夠...to occupy the attention or efforts of (a person or persons): He engaged her in conversation. 3.to attract and hold fast: The novel engaged...
... house we walked into had been engaged sight unseen, and this is always fun and full of ...27 13:06:43 補充： Toming88 的解釋是錯的。 engage 在這裡不是「吸引」，是 arrange to obtain the use of...
If you engage someone in conversations, you have a conversatoin with them. (see p.508...) to engage him in a conversation = 使他加入談話 He boldly engaged the girls in conversation. = 他大膽地使那些女孩加入談話。 p.457 遠東新世紀...