- be a perfect example of；give a summary of (a written work)
verb: epitomize, 3rd person present: epitomizes, gerund or present participle: epitomizing, past tense: epitomized, past participle: epitomized
- 1. be a perfect example of:
Hearst's newspapers epitomized bare-knuckle yellow journalism
- 2. give a summary of (a written work):
for the benefit of our readers, we will epitomize the pamphlet
- v.be a perfect example of:
- the company epitomized the problems faced by British industry
Powered by Oxford Dictionary of English 3e
My favorite season is summer, because it epitomises sunshine and birr. 這樣可以嗎？［ 笑 還有 allegory.....←←這是名詞噢！ 大大一定是用Yahoo 字典查的對吧～？ 呵呵...被我發現了吼～［ 指ˇ
... close the book on the major player in the Enron scandal,which epitomized corporate greed in the heady days of the Internet boom. 對...
... taxpayers had to prop them up. Far from epitomising capitalism, the undeserving rich undermined it: it was socialism for the wealthy...